1. The 1. International Film Festival for youngest “In clouds” (hereinafter referred to as the Festival) will be held in Lublin from 1 to 6 December 2016.
2. The aim of the Festival is to present and promote valuable films for children and young people.
3. The Festival Organiser is Warsaw Film Foundation.
4. The Festival programme comprises the following sections:
a) The International Competition of full-length films for children and young people, which presents films made in the years 2013-2016. To qualify films live-action as well as animated ones are eligible for the competition. Competition films will be categorised either as children’s films or as films for young people. Films will be categorised by the Organiser;
b) fringe sections and special screenings, where out-of-competition films for children and young people are presented.
SELECTION OF FILMS
5. Films may be entered by their authors, producers or other authorized persons.
6. The Organiser of the Festival shall select films for the Festival.
7. Only the films which have been entered on time and in compliance with these Regulations are subject to selection for all Festival screenings. Each film which has been entered must be accompanied by:
a) the entry form filled in online (available at www.wchmurach.fimowawarszawa.org)
b) a screener with the film in English language version or with English subtitles.
8. The competition is open to a film which meets the following criteria:
a) it is a full-length live-action or animated film (where ‘full-length’ means longer than 60 minutes) made after 1 January 2013;
b) if it is a full-length film, it is available as a DCP, BluRay or digital file print with optical sound recording. Screening from other sources is acceptable provided it is agreed with the Organiser in advance;
c) it represents a separate artistic whole.
9. Entry forms and other materials for the competition section must be submitted by 10 November 2016.
10. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to obtain authorisation to use and enter the film in the Festival.
11. All Entrants will be notified of the selection results as soon as the selection process is complete.
12. In the event of selecting a film for the competition, the Entrant shall provide the following immediately:
a) a printed entry form with handwriting signature;
b) information for the Festival catalogue (the details as to what information is necessary, shall be made specific by the Organiser);
c) subtitles in a language agreed upon with the Organiser;
d) other promotional materials.
13. The submitted materials and entry form shall be returned only if the entry is accompanied by a written request to do so.
OTHER RIGHTS OF THE FESTIVAL:
14. By submitting a film for screenings, the Entrant grants the Festival unlimited rights to use the following materials:
a) a film print for the main Festival screening and one additional screenings during the Festival;
b) promotional materials submitted for Festival publications (printed materials, Festival website, catalogues, Festival programme) and for the purposes of promoting the Festival in the media. The Entrant hereby agrees that the submitted materials may be edited by the Organiser;
c) parts of the film shown in television reports connected with the Festival and for the purposes of promoting the film and the Festival (a trailer or a fragment up to 2 minutes for a full-length film).
15. The Organiser reserves the right to use parts of the film and promotional materials to promote subsequent Festival editions in accordance with article 14. Subject to the provisions of articles 14 and 15, the Entrant grants the Organiser a license or authorises the Organiser to exercise the rights in the Work, as applicable, free of charge.
16. The Entrant shall submit a print of the film which has been selected for the Festival by 17 November 2016 to the address of the Festival Organiser:
Fundacja Filmowa Warszawa
ul. Peowiaków 10/9
20-004 Lublin, Poland
17. The print shall be on the carrier indicated in the entry form, in the original language version, with English subtitles (if English is not the original language of the film), in good technical condition.
18. The print must be properly labelled.
19. The Entrant shall cover the cost of shipping the print to the Festival address unless it is agreed otherwise with the Organiser. The sender shall follow shipment instructions, which will be provided by the Festival Organiser. The instructions shall be provided together with the notification of selection results.
20. The cost of returning the print shall be covered by the Festival unless it is agreed otherwise with the Entrant. The Festival is responsible for returning the print in condition not worse than resulting from its proper usage.
21. The print shall be returned to the indicated address after the Festival. The Organisers is not liable for any loss or damage that may result from indicating the wrong address.
JURIES AND PRIZES
22. The professional international jury shall award “Golden Swing” to the best full-length film for children and a cash prize of EUR 3,000 (before tax)* paid to the film director (as a natural person: director/distributor/agent/producer);
The cash prizes will be paid in cash or by bank transfer, in Polish zloty, after the deduction of applicable taxes*. In the case of a bank transfer, the prize may be converted into Euros or American dollars only if the prizewinner’s bank does not accept Polish zlotys. Immediately after the winning films are announced, the Organiser will provide each prizewinner with a form, which must be completed with details required for the payment. The form must be sent back to the Organiser by e-mail within 10 days from the date it was received. The prize will be paid within 60 days from the date the Organiser receives a duly completed form and, in the case of non-resident prizewinners wishing to avoid double taxation, also the original residence certificate.
23. The young people’s jury shall award “Silver Swing” to the best full-length.
24. Other special prizes funded by private individuals, institutions and organisations may also be awarded in agreement with the Organiser.
25. By entering a film in the Festival and participating in the Festival the Entrant agrees to comply with these Regulations.
26. The Festival Organiser is not liable for any damage or loss resulting from the infringement of the rights of third parties that may be caused in connection with the use of the submitted Works, unless the infringement has been caused by the Organiser. The Entrant hereby releases the Organiser from any liability in that respect.
27. In the event of doubt as to the interpretation of these provisions, the Polish language version shall prevail.
28. Issues not covered by these Regulations are subject to decisions made by the Festival Director.
* Competition prizes will be paid in Polish zlotys (PLN). The amounts in Euros will be converted into PLN at the average exchange rate of the National Bank of Poland as of the day preceding the announcement of the winning films. Competition prizes won by Polish residents are subject to taxation pursuant to Article 13, Section 2 of the Polish Personal Income Tax Act concerning participation in competitions in the fields of science, culture, art and journalism. The income tax rate for the prize is 18% on the amount won after deducting 20% of tax-deductible costs. The tax will be deducted from the prize before payment.
Competition prizes won by non-residents are subject to taxation pursuant to Article 29, Section 1 Subsection 1 of the Polish Personal Income Tax Act. The income tax rate for the prize is 20% on the amount won. The tax will be deducted from the prize before payment. However, for the avoidance of double taxation, a prizewinner may be able to claim a tax relief or tax exemption in Poland if a double taxation agreement between Poland and this country allows that, and if he/she delivers a valid certificate of residence from the tax authority in the country in which he/she is resident. The certificate is valid until the date of expiry specified therein or within 12 months from the date of issuing. The original (not digital) certificate must be delivered to the Festival Organiser before the prize money is paid.